Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back after a year....with bang or whimper?? Well read on and decide for yourself !!!!!!!!!!!! (Entry dated 08/17/2008 )

Hi folks......M back on popular demand .....This has been the longest break so far ...can u believe it ...more than a year. Have been thinking every weekend to start getting back to blogging, have been prodded by friends, but somehow never been able to do so....

Busy ? Naa.........not really. On most weekends I really don't have much to, unless something at work spills over from Friday.....So not a sound excuse this one. What else? Laziness - not that too....I am very energetic at things I like to do....what the heck...forget reasons, lets celebrate the return and more importantly, resolve to continue religiously from now onwards !!!!

Well friends, I suppose, I have spent quite a lot of time lingering over my days in the beautiful north eastern part of the country.....Will fast forward a little now. I know I need to speed up before you all start getting dead bored and yawn your way into more fetching areas of cyberspace.....NO I can't let than happen at any cost...

So what else about my childhood days at Dimapur....There are few other vivid memories as well....Our frequent trips to my Mashi's place in Shillong (Meghalaya).Now for benefit of those of you who haven't had the opportunity to visit this place, let me tell u this is also paradise on earth ... of the east ......The hills, the meadows, the greenery, the lake, the lovely houses....the big polo ground....the hilly roads.....some snapshots that pass by my eyes every time when I think of Shillong....but most of it, the excitement of meeting my cousin didi and bhaiya.........and many of these trips were not actually on holidays ...sometimes when my father had some official work in Shillong, we used to tag along....and then it also meant bunking school, but somehow those days in KG-1/KG-2/class-I we never had that much pressure that I see in kids burdened by today.....Well, it is another matter that I never took that much pressure even in Class-10th and had fun for most of the year as the schools remains closed for Mandal Commission for around 3-4 months in the year !!!! Well that is another story and another era in my journey of life....Will come to it later...

So coming back to my North East days.....another very prominent memory of Shillong trips is eating loads of Amul milk powder - all 3 of us cousins shared it, away from eyes of mashi, when ma and mashi used to be out shopping The idea was to eat as much as possible, without any unwelcome warnings of stomach ache from elders.......I remember times when we took so much that we couldn't gobble it down even in 2-3 hours by the time they would be back from market.....First taste of freedom......doing what u want , without being told how and what to do !!!!!!!!Priceless isn't it .........

Then there were boating trips on the Shillong lake.....in spring time, flowers around used to be in full bloom.......one particular variety which I remember - blue clusters in bushes all around which was called "forget-me-not" locally.....Though I don't still know the real name of these, but one thing is sure, I have not forgotten them

No comments:

Post a Comment